STATE OF EMERGENCY: Day 23
● STAY AT HOME. We are still in a STATE OF EMERGENCY.
● Only 1 person per household can circulate for essential errands on their assigned day.
● Face Masks are mandatory starting today, 7-APR-2020.
● If you see suspicious boat activity, report it to the Navy (3249-8446), the Merchant Marine office (9970-5310 or 9846-7781) or the RMP (9430-3199). Please download the RMP app.
● If you suspect you are having symptoms of COVID-19, please call (+ 504 8820-2444) a local Roatan contact. They will come to your house to take samples and send them for testing. They do reserve the right to not test based on questionnaires evaluating your symptoms.
● Rapid Test Kits have been donated to Honduras and some will be shipped to Roatan.
● The central government has hired 12 medical professionals to be based on Roatan to help deal with Covid-19.
● Supermarkets will be open on Good Friday, April 10th.
● Supermarkets require Gloves, Please properly dispose of your gloves in trash bins.
● Delivery services have restarted with supermarkets.
● Business related to construction, agriculture or production for inventories for the tourism industry can apply to the Chamber of Commerce at firstname.lastname@example.org for an operating permit.
● If you have not yet filled out the form (English or Spanish Versions) please do so now. At this time only 134 people have filled out the form.
HOW TO HELP:
● Donate at https://themakeitcountfoundation.orgToday’s Total Funds Raised: USD 120,716.00
● Donate at SOL International Foundation. Donate Dry Goods to COPECO food drive or Nidia Webster’s food drive, Roatan Because We Care, the Chamber of Tourism, Rotary Club, the Marine Park, and all the other great foundations which exist on the island.
COVID-19 BAY ISLANDS RESPONSE TEAM is working tirelessly to make sure everyone stays healthy and safe. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE! This is a huge team working amazingly well together. Meet the team on the Governor’s FB Pages. Ms. Syntia Solomon is today’s highlighted COVID-19 response team member. The team includes Congressman Ron McNab, Mayor Jerry Hynds, Mayor Carson Dilbert, Mayor Troy Bodden, Mayor Spurgeon Miller, the Minister of Health, COPECO, volunteers, local businesses and other supportive organizations. This is an amazing effort to keep our community health and safe.
STAY HOME! Let’s Keep our Bay Islands Cases to Zero.